Monday, April 12, 2010

A Fine, How Do You Do

We were welcomed in grand fashion. With only 3,000 people on the island, it's all hands on deck! One of the PTs from the hospital (who also happens to own the apartment we're staying in) picked us up at the airport. I asked ahead of time for a contact number I could call in case our flight was late. The girl just laughed, and said, oh, don't worry, we won't come until we hear the jet land. Now I know what she meant. The town is small, and the airport is right in town.Very handy.
As we got the tour of town, she invited us to a potluck at one of the Doctors houses. He had been the doc on a boat, doing a documentary in the Falkland Islands and was showing some pictures of his trip. Very interesting, plus we got to meet a lot of the hospital and clinic staff.
What a great introduction to Petersburg. Thanks everyone.





More pictures tomorrow. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. OMG, Connie, how wonderful this blog is. I've read it all and look forward to your future writings. What a great opportunity to travel like you are. You are very lucky. Keep the great pictures coming and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I'm so so so so jealous! How clear and beautiful it all is. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great!!! I just love your blog, I feel like I just traveled back in time with you and and the Doc. The pictures are amazing. I so wish they had a gig for you back East!

    ReplyDelete