Sunday, January 30, 2011

Joining the St. Mary's Team

Hubby Doc starts the new year with a contract with St. Marys in Cottonwood, Idaho. They love him, he loves them, so it's a perfect match. He will work on a part time basis, which will still give him time to work an occasional job with Vista, and work on our place in Oregon. It's a four and a half hour commute, so he is home on weekends, or I can slip up for a visit. I am visiting right now, so I'll show a few pictures of my trip up.

Came upon these guys while driving along the Snake River.


Hubby Doc sees them all the time, but this was my first sighting.


The bald eagles are back too, I saw about a dozen in all. Watched several fishing in the Snake.

This is an abandoned train station in Council. So picturesque in the snow.

Sunset in the rear view mirror.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had interesting 'sightings' en-route. The photos are great and pretty clever on the "I can see the sunset in my rear view mirror" country western song photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea, I may have to start my country western career with that one. I'm gonna need back up....you in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! It is the sequel to the one Jack, Gil and I wrote in 1980 as we headed over the Rocky Mountains... "I can see the mountains in my rear view mirror as I leave my love tonight....." Somehow Willy, Kris, and the other Highwaymen never picked up on it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for steady work close to home! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete